Dental Treatment and Services
At City Dental Lounge we’ll work with you to come up with solutions for your dental problems, that will not only suit your lifestyle but your budget also. You may need to prioritise your treatment over a period of time. Our team can help you by indicating the work that has a higher urgency and we can cater for any dental emergency or toothache straight away.
We work with you to create an individual dental treatment plan that works for you and your family. Our patients come and see us at regular 4-6 monthly intervals for a Hygienist cleaning, and 12 month intervals for their annual examination and maintenance appointment with the dentist.
Dental Emergency and Toothache
If you require urgent treatment, for example, you have a broken tooth or are in pain and have a dental emergency, call us and we will make every effort to see you ASAP.
Assessments and Treatment Planning, if you haven’t been for a while
Our team can help you by indicating the work that has a higher urgency with the latest 3D scanner treatment.
A written estimate will be provided either on the day, or shortly thereafter. I am happy to work with you in creating a dental treatment plan that works for you. We also offer 12 months Interest Free Treatments with the Q Mastercard.
- We use the latest knowledge in dental medicine to combat the diseases of dental caries (decay) and periodontal disease of the gums and jaw bone. We can provide a detailed prescription of products and instructions, to help treat and prevent these diseases that cause tooth loss and poor oral health. The best prevention is to visit us at regular intervals for your maintenance appointments so we can assess any issues early, saving you time and money.
- Hygienist and gum disease treatments
- Tips for a healthy mouth
- Pregnancy & Children
Does your Smile need a Makeover?
Building a better smile can give you more confidence in your personal life and at work. People simply smile more often when they have nice looking teeth. We first assess your smile. We look at tooth shape, colour and the position of the teeth. Then we’ll work with you to find the right set of cosmetic treatments to design you new smile. We also offer a ‘Trial Smile’ service, where we mock up your new smile in your mouth, giving you the option of wearing it before committing to the real thing.
Get the smile you have always wanted with a Smile Makeover
Dr Harris has attended many cosmetic dentistry courses all over the world and uses the latest technology and her artistic talent, to create a
natural beautiful smile to replace worn, ageing, and broken down teeth.
Dr Harris provides a ‘Trial Smile‘ service our clients love. You will have a new smile to try out and see if you like the shape, colour and
appearance of your teeth before you proceed with the ‘real’ thing.
If you love what you see and proceed with treatment we will credit the cost of this back to you.
The temporary “mock up“ will show you what‘s possible and you can leave with it on or with a photograph to show your friends and family.
Tailored to your needs
There are a range of techniques and materials to suit any budget and the key to a Smile Makeover is creating a beautiful but natural look.
Dr Karen can expertly advise you on all the options.
BOTOX – Facial Aesthetics
Dr Harris also does Facial Aesthetics using Botox, Xeomin or Dysport to help with anti–aging and to support teeth function. We can fix Frown Lines,Crows Feet, Lined Lips, Gummy smiles and Relax Teeth grinding muscles
Call us for a consultation and treatment plan today
Would you love straight teeth?
At City Dental Lounge we perform a number of Modern Orthodontic treatments in-house to give you the straight teeth you desire. Treatment options vary depending on each individual case and lifestyle factors.
We can help you achieve straight teeth with a treatment time as short as 6 months using these modern orthodontic systems!
At City Dental Lounge, we have 2 options to straighten your teeth:–
This almost invisible treatment option consists of a series of Clear Aligners that gently straighten your teeth.
You can easily pop them out for eating, drinking & brushing.Pop them back in again to continue the straightening.
Smilefast Magic Braces
If you want straight teeth fast, this is the way to go. Clear Ceramic Braces & special White wires are fixed to your teeth.
They are much smaller and hardly noticeable compared to conventional metal braces.
Dr Harris can discuss options that will suit you and your lifestyle best.
Call us for FREE consultation & treatment plan today
CEREC 1 Visit Crowns and Veneers
We are a metal-free dental practice meaning we use bio-compatible dental materials to give you the best possible aesthetic result that is also safer for you and your family. We can re-build teeth with white composite filling material and more permanent ceramic inlays,onlays and crowns in a single visit appointment.
- One-visit crowns using CEREC Digital Techonolgy that allows you leave the same day with your permanent ceramic crown.
- Metal free bonded restorations
- White fillings
- Amalgam replacements using holistic dentistry practices
- One visit root canal treatments (conditions apply)
Missing Teeth Implants
At City Dental Lounge Dr Harris can complete the entire Dental Implant procedure In-house, saving you time and inconvenience.
We use 3D imaging to instantly diagnose hidden problems and establish a crystal-clear view of your implant treatment.
Dental Implants look and feel similar to your natural teeth and they may be used to:
- Fill a single Gap
- Replace 2 or 3 teeth, instead of bridge. (Don’t have to touch the teeth next to the gap.)
- Replace a partial plate
- Secure loose dentures
Whilst teeth extractions are a last resort for us here at City Dental Lounge, we do these procedures in-house where possible. With the use of our high-tech 3D X-ray scanner, we can assess where your dental nerve is and have the right tools on hand to take out your Wisdom Teeth if needed.
Splints and Retainers
We create a range of splints and retainers in house and usually on the same day to help protect your teeth. These include;
- TMJ treatments
- Sports mouthguards
- Orthodontic Retainers
- Snoring Treatment appliances
Hygienist Services & Teeth cleaning
What is a Dental Hygienist?
Dental Hygienists help to prevent and treat gum problems. Regular cleaning from the dental hygienist will remove plaque &
tartar build up. Brown stains from tea, coffee & smoking can be polished away, leaving your teeth sparkly and feeling great.
How Often should I visit a Hygienist?
It is recommended by the New Zealand Dental Association to visit a dental hygienist every 4-6 months to maintain
a healthy mouth. Regular Hygiene visits can help restore your gums to a healthy state.
Healthy Gums = Healthy Heart
Keeping your gums healthy has a positive influence not just in the mouth, but for your whole body.You are less likely to develop heart disease and other serious problems if you look after your gums. We can give you practical advice & teach you simple skills to keep gums in the best of health.
Sedation & Sleep Denistry
If you are terrified of going to the dentist, conscious sedation may be the answer. Prior to any treatment your medical and dental history will be reviewed and assessed for suitability. On the day of your appointment, you’ll take medication – as a pill or drink. A companion needs to escort you to and from your visit to us. We monitor you very closely while you are sedated. Most patients have little or no memory of the visit.
Frequently asked questions about sleep dentistry
- Who is a candidate?
- Dental phobics ie extreme fear of dentistry
- People who experience difficulty getting numb
- People with a pronounced gag reflex
- You require a long appointment
- People with complex dental problems
- Needle phobics
- Can I eat or drink before hand?
- Light meal and small drink 1 to 2 hours before hand is okay.
- Will I feel any pain?
- Numbing injections may still be necessary.Most people experience no pain or discomfort at all.
- How does it work?
- The sedative drug removes your anxiety and relaxes you. Most people fall asleep during the treatment but you are not unconscious. ie we can wake you up at any time.
- Will I remember anything?
- At the end of the sedation dentistry appointment, you’ll have little or no memory of your dental treatment.
- How will I be afterwards?
- It varies. Some people feel completely normal and others may still feel sleepy. For your safety, we do require that you have a family member or a close friend escort you home.
- Is Sedation safe?
- Conscious sedation dentistry has been used safely for over 30 years with millions of dental and medical procedures. Prior to starting any treatment, we review your medical history. We use monitoring equipment to check you very closely while you’re under sedation.
Led by Dr Karen Harris (BDS Otago). City Dental Lounge provides the people of Auckland with a range of modern dental services all completed in-house with personal attention and care.
BOOK a FREE Invisalign or Magic Braces consultation and receive $20 off a thorough Professional Hygienist cleaning - Call us to book this special offer 09 366-1322.
Level 12 AMP Centre, 29 Customs Street W Auckland 1010
Sign up for our newsletter